Monday, April 13, 2009

IHOP


I took my father to a doctor's appointment the other day and he wanted a little breakfast afterwards. It was around 11:30 at this point, when I am usually craving a burger or something, but figured if that is what he wanted I could suck it up and go along.

I wasn't really feeling breakfast on this day, so I perused the menu for some type of sandwich. Now I am one of those people that believes you are not going to find an outstanding burher at the IHOP, so I figured I was going to have to compromise and get a breakfast sandwich. I chose the Ham and Cheese Melt.

The Ham and Cheese Melt consists of ham, cheese, scrambled eggs all on grilled sourdough bread. I comes with your choice of hash browns or fries, but in an effort to keep with the breakfast theme, I chose hash browns. My dad got after a more traditional breakfast of eggs, sausages and pancakes.

The food arrived pretty quickly given that it wasn't that crowded at the time of our visit. My dad's food was cooked exactly as he ordered, which made him happy. My sandwich was excellently prepared. The sourdough bread was grilled to perfection, the eggs were nice and fluffy, the cheese melted and gooey and the ham plentiful. The hash browns were cooked to perfection as well.

I have never noticed this sandwich on the menu before, but now have it as a favorite of mine. I used to be a big fan of the Moons Over My Hammy at Denny's, but this sandwich crushes that one. I'll probably never get another Denny's breakfast sandwich.

I have to give my most recent IHOP visit four Stiffy's.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: