Monday, May 17, 2010

Interview with a Young Food Critic


I have written before about my daughter Kennedy and her eating habits. She has tagged along with me to many a restaurant and made comments about the food. In fact, she did a stretch with me one week when Bennigan's was running that $5.00 special right before they closed. She had to come with me to the office each day and everyone in the office was all about saving money with the Bennigan's special. She quietly went to lunch with us on Monday and Tuesday, but on Wednesday when I told her it was time for lunch she replied, "As long as it is not Bennigan's again." It wasn't two weeks later that Bennigan's shut their doors. I think she might have had something to do with that.

I thought I would do a quick interview with her regarding a problem she recently had with a restaurant. You'll see the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree.

Me: Thank you for sitting down with me for this interview.

Kennedy: OK.

Me: What is your full name?

Kennedy: Kennedy Noelle Stiff

Me: How old are you?

Kennedy: Eight and a half.

Me: Where do you go to school?

Kennedy: Calvary Christian Academy

Me: What is your favorite food?

Kennedy: Hmm, that's a toughie. You have to be kidding me, you already know that.

Me: No I don't.

Kennedy: Sushi

Me: What about my lasagna?

Kennedy: Yeah, that is good. Probably also one of my favorites.

Me: So you went to Wendy's a couple of weeks ago with your mother and had a problem. What happened?

Kennedy: Easy. They only gave me two chicken nuggets in my kid's meal.

Me: How many nuggets were you supposed to get?

Kennedy: Easy. It should have been six.

Me: Are you sure about that?

Kennedy: Yeah. I'm not sure. Wait. Yeah, six.

Me: When did you figure out that Wendy's messed up?

Kennedy: When I started eating them after we got home.

Me: So you ordered at the drive-thru?

Kennedy: Yes.

Me: How did that make you feel?

Kennedy: About the two chicken nuggets? Mad and surprised.

Me: Why were you surprised?

Kennedy: That they only gave me two chicken nuggets instead of six. They usually give the exact number of the same you order.

Me: What should happen to Wendy's for doing that to you?

Kennedy: They should slow down and do better. I think they were going too fast. It was busy there. It was a lot of people inside and some outside.

Me: Will you go back to Wendy's for chicken nuggets in the future?

Kennedy: Maybe.

Me: I want to thank you for your time this evening. Will you do another interview with me if I need you?

Kennedy: Maybe. Only if I get upset.

Me: Thank you. You can go play Club Penguin now.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

1 comment:

Kraig said...

Go get 'em Kennedy!