Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Iggy's Sports Grill


Iggy's Sports Grill
423 West 300 South
Salt Lake City, UT
(801)532-9999
www.iggyssportsgrill.com

Imagine my surprise when halfway through dinner Dave says to me, "After this I am taking you to Iggy's Sports Grill for chicken wings." I nearly fell out of my chair. I was so stuffed and he's talking about hitting our third restaurant of the evening. I tried throwing in the towel, but Dave said I only had to eat one wing and he said they were really good. So, I said, "Let's go."

After a short drive around town we find some on street parking and take a little walk out in the cold Salt Lake City air. Truth be told, that cold air did me some good as did the walk. At that point I was really struggling.

My first impression of Iggy's Sports Grill upon entering is that it was quite nice. The interior was filled with polished wood and a multitude of flat screen televisions. No matter where you sit it is possible to see a number of screens. We took a seat at a table and immediately ordered wings and a beer. Our waiter attempted to tell us what their dinner specials were for the evening, but I had to cut him off. I really hate doing that, but I thought any further mentions of available meals might push me over the edge. Dave takes control and orders our wings. It wasn't really crowded that evening, so they came out in a very timely fashion. Feeling as if I should just go ahead and get this over with, I grab a wing and quickly let it fall back onto the plate. The wings were scalding hot! Exactly the way that I like them. Call me crazy, but I like my food served so hot that it will burn the roof of your mouth if you are not careful. Now that I know what I am dealing with, I dive right back in and take my first bite. The wings are nice and crispy with a light breading. I really liked how Iggy's serves their wings in that they provide the hot sauce and bleu cheese on the side for dipping. Both were really good and complimented the wings in a nice way. Now this is where things got crazy. The wings were so good I just could not stop at one. After powering my way through a few more, I did in fact call it quits for the night. I should have called it quits for the week. It had been quite a day for eating.

Iggy's has a number of locations across the area and I am sure attracts a good crowd on game nights. Their menu is quite extensive offering everything from sandwiches and burgers to pasta, seafood, steaks, pizza and comfort food items like meatloaf and pot roast. There seems to be something for everybody on this menu.

For my late night, after dinner wing run, I am going to give Iggy's Sports Grill four Stiffy's.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: