Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Brickyard Lounge


The Brickyard Lounge
747 W. International Speedway Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
(386)253-2270
www.daytonabrickyard.com

I finally had the opportunity to visit The Brickyard Lounge in Daytona Beach after not having been there in almost a year. I didn't realize how much I missed this place until I received my food. This place is incredible!

The Brickyard Lounge is known for it's burgers. They do a great job with their soups and wings, but mostly everybody goes there for a good, juicy burger. This place is also known for it's friendly owners Renny and Penny who are always ready with a quick welcome and a smile. Renny wasn't there on Saturday, as it is his day off, but Penny was and it was great to catch-up with her. The wait staff is equally friendly, making this one of my most favorite locations in Daytona Beach.

Yesterday, I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with french fries. It also comes with cole slaw and a pickle spear, but I passed on both and just went with the french fries. After sipping on my beer for about 10 minutes and watching the football game, my food arrived promptly and very hot. The burgers at The Brickyard are made of the highest grade of beef and come to you extremely juicy and moist. They have such great flavor and you can see the cook sprinkling your burger and fries with some kind of secret spice while he cooks it. I have never asked what they use as I am sure they would not tell me and I couldn't say that I blame them. My burger was great and the fries were amazing. This place is always consistent, delivering wonderful hot food that is hard to find anywhere else.

I have to tell you that The Brickyard is a joint. It has limited seating and is dark and narrow, but it has some of the best food and friendliest people that you will ever encounter. Parking is a little tight and hard to find on your first time there. You have to go down a small driveway between the restaurant and the Tobacco Exotica shop located next door. Just look for the high, pointed, red roof on the right-hand side as you head towards the beach on International Speedway Boulevard.

If you love a good hamburger and find yourself in Daytona Beach, I strongly urge you to visit The Brickyard Lounge. They have a full bar as well as all of the great food. They are open Monday through Friday 11am - 10pm and on Sundays Noon to 8pm.

Stop by The Brickyard Lounge soon for a burger that will rock your world and tell Renny that I sent you. I have to give The Brickyard Lounge five Stiffey's for my last visit.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

3 comments:

Joey Chestnut said...

I remember this place and if I recall correctly, that Renny charachter was full of stories.

Don't forget the O-rings.. they were a suitable substitution if you aren't feeling fries.

Stiff Competition said...

Renny hasn't changed a bit!

Harry

Begs said...

Lack of change - in this case - isn't always the best strategy for a business owner.