Friday, May 22, 2009

Domino's Pizza II

So I finally had the opportunity to try one of the sandwiches at Domino's Pizza. If you remember from my earlier post, I was upset about the ridiculous employees that filmed themselves at a Domino's Pizza location doing crazy things while preparing sandwiches. I wrote how this can be so detrimental to the business of Domino's Pizza and vowed to go in and try a sandwich just to show my support of the organization. I have to say, I am glad that I did.

There isn't a Domino's location near enough to us to offer delivery, so I had to go in to get my sandwich. This actually worked out better than delivery as I wanted to speak directly to the manager and tell him that I was there specifically to get a sandwich after seeing the story on the news. He told me he appreciated my business and assured me those employee's actions were not something that would be tolerated.

I ordered the Chicken Bacon Ranch sandwich. It was up and ready for me to take home at a pretty good clip with little wait time. When I got home, I found the sandwich to still be hot and the bread was nice and toasty. The chicken was tender with crispy bacon, provolone cheese and a tasty ranch sauce. It is plenty big enough to satisfy the heartiest of appetites. I would put this sandwich up against any of the other sub sandwich operators that serve toasted subs. You wouldn't think a pizza location would do sandwiches this good, but they have done a great job. I'll have to go back to try one of the others. They also serve a Philly Cheese Steak (don't get me started), a chicken parm and an Italian.

I am going to have to give them three Stiffy's for the Chicken Bacon Ranch sandwich. Also big props to the PR folks at Domino's as it seems they were able to just make this story go away and fade into the darkness. Overall, I think the general public is just over hearing about unruly employees doing stupid things in restaurants.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: