Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dustin's Bar-B-Q


Dustin's Bar-B-Q
1320 W. Granada Blvd., S.R. 40
Ormond Beach, FL 32174
(386)677-5292

A couple of weeks ago, my father told me he was wanting to go somewhere and eat some barbecue. I had to pause for a moment given that most of the Sonny's locations around Daytona Beach have closed. I was stumped for a minute as to where we should go. After pondering for a few moments, I finally remembered the Dustin's location in Ormond Beach. My brother was in town doing sales calls, so we told him we would meet him there.

We got there and found it to be fairly crowded. It appears Dustin's does a pretty good lunch crowd. After sitting down and looking at the menu it was clear to me why. They have great prices for lunch. The menu has a number of items that are available with one side and a drink for $5.99. After the many $15 lunches I have had in the past this was a welcome surprise.

Our waitress showed-up promptly to take our drink order and we were ready to order food by the time she returned with our drinks. We all ordered pork sandwiches with fries and beans and my daughter had the chicken tenders. We had to pay for the extra side, but that was all right as we were all hungry. The food arrived promptly and looked really good. I had the sliced pork, while my father and brother ordered pulled pork. Dustin's serves their sandwiches on big, soft buns. The issue I had was I thought the sliced pork was lacking on my sandwich. The bun seemed to overpower the pork, which prevented the smokey taste of the meat to shine through. The fries were hot and crispy and the beans had great flavor. For the price paid I thought it was a good lunch at a good price.

I would probably go back to Dustin's in the future given that there are no other clear leaders for barbecue in our area right now. In my mind, it wouldn't be hard for somebody to come into the area and be a frontrunner in this genre. There is a Woody's BBQ around, but I have never been there before. I'll have to check it out sometime to make a comparison.

I'll give Dustin's three Stiffy's for my visit.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

1 comment:

Begs said...

Dustin's can't even carry the jock strap of Bubbalou's Bodacious BBQ.