Friday, September 19, 2008

Original Ray's Pizza




You cannot go to New York and not visit Original Ray's Pizza. This is the real deal. Now when you are in NYC you will see Ray's Pizza, Original Ray's Pizza, Famous Ray's Pizza and even Original Famous Ray's Pizza. I don't know the difference, but know it is all good. This is some of the best pizza I have ever had.

Nick and I went by for a couple of slices and were not disappointed. I had a slice of pepperoni and a slice of cheese. Nick had a chicken roll and a slice of pepperoni. He said the chicken roll was good and I can vouch for the slices of pizza. They were hot, the sauce was great and the cheese was real mozzarella. This is one of the cheapest and best food options for anybody visiting the city. I especially like hitting Ray's late at night after I have gotten after a few Budweisers, but this day we hit them for lunch.


One of the funniest things that happened while we were there is that we took a table right at the front door. There was a small step into the restaurant and just about everybody that came in stubbed their foot and almost tripped into the restaurant. Now I know at 46 years old, I should be over laughing at this kind of stuff, but I am telling you, it was funny as shiggidy! Add this little bit of comedy to the greatness of the pizza and it turned out to be a great meal. Luckily, nobody actually fell and nobody was hurt.

Trust me, go to Ray's the next time you are in the city and you will not be disappointed.

I give Ray's four Stiffy's for my most recent visit.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: