Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Boston Market


I do 99.9% of the cooking in my house, but the other night, I had NOTHING! Absolutely no idea what to cook for dinner and quite honestly, was not that hungry. My wife must have sensed this as she just decided to make a stop at Boston Market on the way home. Usually when she goes to Boston Market, she brings me chicken with a side or two, but this night she brought home a chicken pot pie.

As a general rule, I am a huge fan of the pot pie. It has everything you need all packaged up in a tasty bundle. Plus, this one came as a total surprise to me so that was an added bonus. The first thing I notice is the huge, crust on the top of the pie. It is perfectly golden brown and I found it to be quite flaky when I applied the fork to it. Inside the pie was filled with chunks of juicy chicken, potatoes, carrots, peas and gravy. Everything was perfect except the gravy. I found it to be rather bland and it wasn't that hot. In fairness to Boston Market, it could have cooled considerably on the ride home or they don't serve pot pies right out of the oven to avoid a law suit from someone that is stupid enough to burn their mouth. I am one of those crazy people that likes to start getting after my pot pie when the inside is the same temperature as flowing lava. I need to go to a Boston Market location and order the pot pie to eat in-house. Then I'll have a better feel for this item.

If you like pot pies, I would tell you this is worth a try. It certainly comes through in the pinch when you consider most take about an hour and fifteen minutes to heat one up at home.

For my first pot pie experience from Boston Market, I am going to have to give them three Stiffy's.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

1 comment:

John said...

Love the pot pie