Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Papa Joe's - Lake Mary Centre, Lake Mary, FL

Again, I have to apologize for my delay in posting, but things got a little crazy down here in Florida with tropical storm Fay. Not crazy enough for me to quit eating, but enough for me to have issues with my internet connectivity.

I helped my wife set-up her home office here at the house and that caused me some problems with being able to connect to the internet. However, it appears things are back on track now, so here we go.

First, a big shout-out to Brandi and her friends that are now reading the blog. Brandi is going to be leaving our team at work this week and I hope we have the opportunity to take her out to lunch before she goes. I did get to break bread with her recently when I took my team out to lunch and included Brandi as she works closely with us. I am going to attend her last night at Scruffy Duffer's, a local water hole on Friday, to celebrate her new position on Friday. I promise to eat at Scruffy's sometime soon to provide a review of their food.

Anyway, we went to Papa Joe's in Lake Mary Centre recently and had a great meal. I point out their Lake Mary Centre location as they also have another location in Lake Mary. The assumption is that that location is probably as good as this one. I went with Kraig, Fourth Meal and Begs for some good Italian food. They do a great stromboli there. We all ordered stromboli except Kraig who ordered a couple of slices.

These guys have to do the best stromboli in the area. The bread is tasty, fresh and wonderfully baked. It appears they do bake a number of the strombolis early to save on time, but if you have the time, I suggest you ask to add a meat or vegetable to yours and they will bake if fresh. As I stated, it takes a little longer, but definitely worth it. Kraig said his pizza slices were great. I've had their pizze here before and my experience is that they do a good pie.

Overall, a great lunch was had by all and I highly recommend you stopping by for a lunch or dinner some day. They have great pastas as well and everything is affordable. It is a very casual place with great service. With the theater located right next door, this place makes a perfect date night.

I have to give the Papa Joe's in Lake Mary Centre four Stiffy's.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: