Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pizza Hut - Wing Street


Route 17-92 in Sanford

I know I haven't been writing recently, but there has been a lot going on in my personal life since I lost my mother at the end of September. My father is not doing that well and I had to go to Virginia to bring him back to Florida. Hopefully, we can help him get beyond his depression and I can get him to start eating again. It is hard to believe as much as I like food, I am having problems getting my father to eat.

I felt compelled to write this evening about my visit today to a Pizza Hut - Wing Street visit we did today. I was joined by John and Nick from the office. We thought we would go to Pizza Hut today and get after the buffet. This is always a good bargainas you get a lot of good food for a pretty good price.

I should tell you that this restaurant was a regular on our lunch rotation last year, but it suddenly closed and we hadn't visited in a while. Given that many locations are now changing to delivery locations, we thought that was the fate of this location. We were wrong. They are now a Wing Street location and we couldn't be happier.

The new restaurant has been totally remodeled and has taken on a sports bar feel. There are a number of flat screen televisions around the restaurant with most tuned to sporting events. I think it would be interesting to visit these locations on the weekend when there are games actually being played. I wonder how many people choose these locations to watch the games?

We got there today and immediately chose the buffet as our lunch option. This location is notorius for not keeping up with the crowd in the restaurant and not having enough pizza on the buffet. Today was not that bad as there were a number of pizzas to choose frome when we got there. I think Pizza Hut makes some of the best pizza, but I am partial to their pan pizza. The only problem is that the pan pizza crust must be more expensive than their other pizzas as it is often difficult to get them to put pan pizzas on the buffet. In that same vein, I cannot figure out for the life of me why they do not put out their new pastas for people to sample. During a previous visit they did have the chicken alfredo pasta out and it was extremely delicious. Given that their pasta offerings are new for them, you would think they would want people to sample them as much as possible to increase sales.

We had some great pizza today and had an overall good experience. There was a short moment when we were waiting for drink refills, but overall our visit was great. Given that Philadelphia won the World Series last night, John actually picked-up the check and bought Nick and I lunch. That is unprecedented and needs to be noted. Let's hope the Eagles continue to have a good season.

I give our visit today to Pizza Hut - Wing Street three Stiffey's.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

2 comments:

Kraig said...

"Given that Philadelphia won the World Series last night, John actually picked-up the check and bought Nick and I lunch. That is unprecedented and needs to be noted."

Wow, there is a first time for everything...

Stiff Competition said...

I am cheering for wins by the Philadelphia Eagles throughout the rest of the season. Maybe the Flyers will spur John's generosity further as well.