Thursday, April 29, 2010

Harry Caray's


Harry Caray's
10233 West Higgins
Rosemont, IL 60018
(847)699-1200
www.harrycarays.com

Holy Cow! That's exactly what I thought when the shuttle bus pulled up to the Holiday Inn & Suites where I was staying and recognized there was a Harry Caray's connected to the hotel. I knew this conference I was going to attend would be a success.

I am going to post on both of the meals I had at Harry Caray's in this one post. My first dining experience at Harry Caray's was a lunch we did the first day of our conference. I really wasn't feeling all that hungry, so I did something that will shock every reader of this blog. I went soup and salad. You have to remember, I had just eaten a big burger and tater tots the night before at Four Shadows. I got the clam chowder and Caesar Salad. The one thing I seriously contemplated was the salmon burger, which was ordered by my friend Zee. She was kind enough to break me off a piece of her salmon and it was definitely something I wish I had ordered. The salmon was very well prepared and had great flavor. At least I have something to look forward to the next time I am in town.

The clam chowder I had was great, although I ordered a bowl and only got a cup. Whenever I order something in a restaurant and get a smaller size or a healthier choice, I always look at it as God's way of telling me I really didn't need what I had originally ordered. For instance, the difference between the bowl and cup in this example or if I order an extra side and it doesn't come out. I don't complain and accept it as God's will, but I always check my bill to make sure I am not charged for my original order. Call me crazy, but that's how I roll. The Caesar Salad I ordered was good, but what do I really know about salads? I mean, it had Romaine lettuce, croutons, Parmesan cheese and a good dressing, but I really like it when the restaurant isn't scared to serve it with anchovies as it was meant to be. It is rare to find a restaurant to go the distance with the Caesar. Overall, lunch was great!

The next day I had the opportunity to eat breakfast at Harry Caray's. Once again, I went after one of my favorites and ordered the eggs benedict. The eggs were perfectly poached, the Canadian bacon great and the English muffin wonderfully toasted. The only issue I had was the hollandaise sauce was a little bit lemony for my taste. The home fried potatoes were great and overall, it was a great meal. I love eggs benedict and will always go that option if available at a new restaurant in which I have never eaten breakfast.

Overall, Harry Caray's is a great sports bar and wonderful restaurant. While I was not at their original location, this location seemed just as consistent as the other. I would highly recommend having a meal at Harry Caray's no matter which location you find yourself in around Chicago.

For my meals at Harry Caray's, I have to give them four Stiffy's.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: