Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wendy's



If you have been reading this blog for a while or have just been a person that has dined with me, you know the issues I have with Wendy's. About two years ago, it came to a head and I declared I was done with them. I took the time to write to Wendy's corporate about my issues and told them I would never eat there again. They promptly sent me a certificate for a meal, which I never used and allowed to expire. If you are wondering what has risen my ire towards Wendy's, it is because they have screwed me more than a Tiger Woods' mistress.

Julynn was out the other night and called me as she was coming home. She asked me if I wanted anything to eat and told me that she could stop at Wendy's. Now I had not eaten at Wendy's since I had decided to boycott them, but what made me make this tragic decision was the new Bacon Blue Burger they are now selling. You see, bacon is the culprit here that caused me to make this terrible decision. Bacon is the pork lovers crack cocaine. If you like pork, there is nothing you probably won't do for a slab of bacon. I would even venture to guess that when you read about some of these celebrities that are getting divorced for irreconcilable differences, bacon is probably at the root of the problem. The power of that smokey meat is that strong.

Anyway, I ordered a Bacon Blue Burger and because I hadn't eaten all day, I spicy chicken sandwich with cheese. Julynn gets home and gives me my sandwiches and I immediately go to look at the spicy chicken sandwich. Why you might ask? Because Wendy's always forgets to put the cheese on the chicken sandwich. Because I am a gambling man, I pulled open the wrapping thinking surely after two years I would strike gold and get what I had ordered. Well I was wrong. Wendy's bent me over again.

I threw my tantrum and told Julynn how disgusted I was with Wendy's and how they cannot get their orders right at all. She sort of laughed and could not believe it had happened to me again. I decided to eat the Bacon Blue Burger first and started to dig in. On my first bite, I had this kind of funny taste that I could not put my finger on. It tasted sort of metallic tasting and I could not tell if it was the bleu cheese or if it was the sauce on the burger. After the second or third bite, the funny taste went away and the smokiness of the bacon began to take over. It really is a great burger. Too bad I won't be going back for another one anytime soon. I finished the burger and thought Wendy's was onto something with this new creation. The spicy chicken sandwich I ate next was also great, but not as good as it could have been if I had the cheese on it as requested.

The only thing that saved this night was bacon. If you don't believe in the power of bacon, consider this. It is 9:30 on a Saturday night, I am watching Duke vs West Virginia and cooking bacon to make BLT sandwiches. My wife just walked through the kitchen and turned the fan on over the stove to remove the smell from the house. This is the same woman that once told me, "I hate to break this to you, but I really don't like ribs." It would have been better if she had told me she were having an affair. How can you not like ribs????

Anyway, I have gotten a little off track and my sandwiches are about ready to be put together. I loved the new Bacon Blue Burger from Wendy's, but will probably never have another. If you are a person that can go to Wendy's and have good luck, I urge you to try this new burger. I am sure you will like it.

For my most recent Wendy's exploration, I given them two Stiffy's.

Eat drink and be merry!

BTW - the BLT sandwiches I had tonight were excellent, with cheese!

Harry

4 comments:

Begs said...

I'm shocked you invited Wendy to the dance again after being stood up so many times.

Kraig said...

They've been pimping their fish sammy lately although I've never tried it.

Stiff Competition said...

I guess it is a case of my not having really hit rock bottom yet. They have the best food of any QSR, but just cannot get the service piece solved. If it is frustrating for me, I can only imagine how management must feel. Who knows how much money they are leaving on the table because of their poor service issues?

Stiff Competition said...

There is no QSR fish sammy that can compare to McDonald's. That bun is soft, the tartar sauce so creamy and the filet so hot, everybody else is just chasing them.