Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Giovanni's - Lake Mary, FL

Today was a great meal experience as we went to lunch at a place called Giovanni's in Lake Mary. My companions for today's lunch were John, Sebastian and Nick. Now I have had some indifferent thoughts about Giovanni's in the past, but I have to admit today was much better.

Upon arriving, the sign outside the restaurant shows that Lobster Bisque is the soup of the day. I haven't shared with you my thoughts on soup, but in a nutshell, I love it. I'll get more in detail about my thoughts on soup at another date. I am now pumped that I am going to get what should be a good soup and need to choose some sort of entree.

We were promptly seated and assigned what has to be the best waitress in the restaurant. She was very quick, attentive and even had to deal with some pain in the ass guy at another table talking loud about how they wouldn't make him a special stromboli, which isn't on the menu, and making sure everybody in the place knew it. I am sure she wanted to slap the shit out of him. I know I did.

My crew overwhelmingly chooses the stuffed pizza with most going with two slices. Nick makes what I think is the best choice going with one stuffed slice and one regular slice of pepperoni. In my mind, the regular slice prevents you from getting too filled up trying to eat two slices of the heartier stuffed slices. Definitely the move I would have made if going pizza today. However, I wasn't feeling the pie, so I decided on the Lobster Bisque and the All American Sub. The menu shows my sub as being a cold sub, but the waitress asks me if I want it hot or cold. Now I am excited. If given the choice, I will always order hot food.

With drinks delivered to the table, my soup shows up very shortly thereafter and is everything I hoped it woudl be. The bisque is smooth and creamy with a decorative design on the top that includes a little bit of sauce layed on top in a great design and small strips of fresh basil. The soup was good and hot with lots of lobster chunks. If you have the opportunity to go to Giovanni's and the Lobster Bisque is available, I strongly urge you to order it.

After completing my soup, the pizza slices show-up with my sub coming shortly after. The bread on my sub is toasted just right and is delicisious. The meats are great and plentiful on my sub. I actually cannot believe I have been to this place many times and never found this sub.

Giovanni's will definitely be part of our regular rotation from now on. Once I find a meal I like as I did today, I am all about it.

I have to give Giovanni's four Stiffy's for todays meal!

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

2 comments:

John said...

Gotta give props to Giovanni's today. In the past we've had very poor service, but the waitress today was excellent. The stuffed pizza is very good, but Stiffey is right, two slices is too much. Well played by Nick to go with the cheese slice, add pepperoni.

Joey Chestnut said...

Gio's usually suits my fancy for a mid-priced Italian lunch place. Henry pressured me into doubling up in the stuffed Italian slices which were damn good but put me in the normal afternoon space out with occasional sleeping at my desk - don’t worry, it didn’t interfere with any afternoon productivity.

Harry forgot to mention how good his leftovers were.

Definite 4 Stiffy's at Gio's today.