Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Outback Steakhouse - Daytona Beach, FL

Took the family to the Outback Steakhouse on Saturday night and what can you say? The one great thing about the Outback is their consistency. I don't care where you go in America you are going to get the same meal you are used to at your home town Outback. They do a great job!

I was pretty hungry that day and ordered the Bonzer. It is a 20 oz. porterhouse and I went double Aussie Chips opting to forego the vegetables. My wife, who never met a steak she didn't like, had the filet and my daugther had the kid's sirlion. I actually think it might have been called the "Joey's Sirlion". She follows in her mother's footsteps and eats steak like a champion, which is pretty impressive for a six year old. I'm going to have to watch her as she gets older to make sure she doesn't turn into a fatty, but hey, not there's anything wrong with it. Big girls need love too!

We got to the restaurant and there was little bit of a wait, so I went to the bar to get some liquid libation for the group. I ordered a Budweiser bottle for me, a apple martini for my wife and a child's Coke for my daughter. At this point I have to give big props to the bartender for telling me, "We have Budweiser bottles in the aluminum bottles." That was a huge moment for me as I don't think any beer should be served in an aluminum bottle unless it is poolside where you are worried about broken glass. Beer is supposed to be served in a glass bottle. I recently was at another local establishment, which shall remain unnamed at this time, and was served an aluminum bottle and was quite pissed. This just happens to be one of my many idiosyncracies which you will learn about if you read this blog long enough.

Anyhoo, our meal was great and the service was great. While I am not a big chain guy, the Outback Steakhouse is always a safe bet. I doubt I am telling anybody anything new here. My steak was served medium rare as ordered as well as my wife and daughter's.

If looking for a safe, great tasting choice for steak the Outback Steakhouse is a good choice.

I have to give this Outback Steakhouse four Stiffys!

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

1 comment: