Monday, July 28, 2008

Toojay's - Lake Mary, FL

For those of you following my gastronomic adventures, I apologize for the delay in this post. I have been very busy at work and a bit tired upon getting home at night when I try to do this blog. However, you know I have been eating on each of these days and have something to report on.

On Thursday of last week, we went to lunch at a deli called Toojay's. Great place with good sandwiches. I have an issue with the way they roll their meat onto your bread, but overall everything is fresh and very good. The previous time I was there I ordered a grilled ham and cheese or either a hot ham and cheese (can't remember which for sure), and the meat and cheese were rolled-up preventing the meat from getting hot and the cheese from melting. However, the bread was fresh and wonderfully toasted. They also have great steak fries, which are great as long as they are good and hot.

I have always had a challenge when I go to Toojay's as I have never been able to really find something that is outstanding and I really like. Don't get me wrong, their food is good, but I have been searching. On this particular day, I decided to take a chance and try something new. I ordered the Western Omelette and was completely pleased. The omlette comes with steak fries and your choice of an English muffin or toast. I went wheat toast. I enjoy eating breakfast during the day and this omlette really hit the spot.

My lunchmates had a number of different sandwiches and all seemed to enjoy what they had. This was a great lunch for all of us. If you don't get there early you are probably going to be faced with a pretty good wait. On the day we went, they were holding a table for 20 people while we stood in line. Big ups to the manager when he saw us all in line and I heard him tell the waitress to break up all of those tables that were being held for the party of 20 that must have been late and to seat all of us in line. We moved right in at that point. It is great to see staff take a solid stance to take care of those currently in the restaurant and already represent money in the register. He had no idea whether or not those 20 people were going to show.

I have to give this visit to Toojay's four Stiffey's.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: