Monday, July 21, 2008

Introduction - July 21, 2008

Okay, so I have been finally pushed into doing this blog regarding my thoughts and feelings about some of the restaurants around Central Florida. My buddy Nick was present during a lunch we had last week that turned out to be really bad. For some time now he and others from our office have been on me to start a blog.

Following our lunch at Tony's Original Wings and Grill, I was askey by a co-worker how it was. I responded with the notes you see in the first blog entry and Nick took it upon himself to start the blog. This forced my hand, so here we are today.

I want to share a little about myself to get this started, so you can understand where I am coming from with this blog. My goal is to assist everyone in finding the best food and restaurants in the area. I consider myself a foodie, but not to the point of being a food snob. Perhaps some of the people that have the opportunity to break bread with me on a daily basis will disagree with this statement, but I think there is a difference.

My belief is that a foodie will eat just about anything and realizes that there is good food to be found just about anywhere including places that a food snob would consider a dive. In this blog, you'll see me provide thoughts on restaurants that many would not go into on first glance, but are worthy of checking-out because they truly offer great food and a wonderful experience. I believe life is short and you have to live a little. A food snob would only be interested in going to "five star" restaurants and I believe that is too easy.

You will find that I am quite particular. However, I don't believe my thoughts and feelings about the food I eat are any different from those of the "everyman." This blog should help those explore restaurants that all can enjoy and will focus on simple things that separate one location from the next. For example, do they serve Heinz Ketchup or Hunt's? Might seem like a simple detail to you, but this is a classic argument for some like my buddy Kraig from Pittsburgh. I have to agree with him that Heinz is the king and should be served in all restaurants.

I realize that there are going to be times when you do not agree with me regarding my thoughts on a particular restaurant and that is all right. What makes this country great is that we can disagree with the sole purpose of trying to provide the best eating experience for others. Challenge me, share your thoughts with me and lets have some fun!

I will continue to share my thoughts and philosophies about food through this blog and I hope you enjoy it. I will try to post daily regarding the meals I have had that day and also present other thoughts I may have regarding to food as this moves on.

When deciding between the large or small portion, my motto is, "Go big or go home!"

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: