Monday, July 28, 2008

High Tide at Snack Jack's - Flager Beach, FL

So after my great omlette on Thursday at Toojay's, I make plans to meet my buddy Gary at what we call Snack Jack's. Gary lives in Flagler Beach and is living the life. I work for his wife who is the president of our company and he stays at home and takes care of his one year old son. We have the opportunity to get together from time-to-time for a beer and a meal.

On this night, Gary asked me to meet him at the beach at Snack Jack's. Snack Jack's is a famously local place that is nothing more than a small, shack like restaurant on the beach in Flagler. We love to go there on the weekend and sit out on the deck, drink beer and eat wings or steamed shrimp. On this night, I have a couple of cold Budweisers and a fried oyster sandwich. The sandwich was great. Plentry of oysters that were hot and fried golden brown with a wonderful tangy tartar sauce on the side. Fresh lettuce and tomato rounded out the sandwich nicely. I got mine with fries and cole slaw and was pleased with both. Also, the price is right at this place.

The crowd at Snack Jack's is both locals and many tourists this time of year, but you can tell these tourists have been here and found the joy of Snack Jack's in the past. They are definitely returning customers. The restaurant has valet parking out front and the guys do a great job in getting you your car in a quick fashion. This place is one of my favorite locations. Had it not been during the week, I would have stayed much longer and had a couple of more beers, but I didn't have my wife with me to be my designated driver.

For this experience at Snack Jack's, I have to give them four Stiffey's. It turns out to be a great day for meals on this day. If you are in Florida, Snack Jack's is worth the drive to Flagler Beach on A1-A.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: