Wednesday, August 19, 2009

TooJay's


Went to TooJay's today on Sand Lake to meet my buddy Peter to discuss a job opportunity. He suggested the location as I don't get to that area very much. Once there, it killed me to find out we were having lunch at TooJay's with a Five Guys right around the corner. I like TooJay's, but I love Five Guys.

Anyway, I get there early and go ahead and get a booth. They had a pretty good crowd as they always do no matter which location you are visiting. This is one good deli. Their sandwiches are plentiful, but I do find them to be a bit pricey.

Peter shows up and we place our orders. He orders a turkey salad plate and I get the open-faced turkey melt. It comes on a slice of rye bread with Russian dressing, turkey meat, bacon and melted Muenster cheese. You also get fries, coleslaw and a pickle. Naturally, I told them to hold the pickle, but also held off on the coleslaw and asked for extra fries. I was shocked at how quickly the lunch came back out after we ordered. They were really moving today, which was good given that Peter only had an hour.

The open-faced turkey melt looked great when it arrived at the table as the cheese was hot and bubbly. However, once I started eating the sandwich, I found the turkey to be rather dry and the cheese hardened quickly. The fries were very hot and tasty. Peter said his salad was great.

Two guys having a salad, a sandwich and two drinks came to $22.47. That's a bit much for lunch if you ask me when you consider what we got at that price. We did have a great waitress that was very attentive to our needs and kept our glasses full.

For my visit to TooJay's today, I have to give them three Stiffy's.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

2 comments:

Begs said...

How was the wait at that location? That is an issue we always had in Lake Mary.

Stiff Competition said...

It wasn't bad on this day.