Friday, September 4, 2009

Daytona Ale House


Daytona Ale House
2610 W. International Speedway Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
(386)255-2555
www.millersalehouse.com

I have been trying for some time now to get up with my girl Kim to grab some lunch and catch-up. She actually canceled on me about two times over the last couple of weeks. I cannot blame her as she has a job and I am still hunting for one. That's the one thing us unemployed people have is a lot of time, so her cancellations were not that big of a problem for me.

We finally got it together and I let her make the choice of a restaurant. She chose the Daytona Ale House. At first, I wasn't excited about her choice, but I decided to suck it up and make the best of it. I usually go to the Ale House to have a couple of beers with friends, but have never been overly enamoured with their food. For the most part, they do a good job, but the problem I have is finding something that is not such a big meal. I know I am a big guy, but sometimes I cannot power down their big meals. I am warning you now about the size of their nachos. You better have an appetite or about four people to finish this dish.

Usually, I would go for their chicken wings plain with no sauce, but we had chicken for dinner the night before. I opted for the British burger with Swiss cheese and bacon. Kim ordered a grilled chicken salad with French onion soup. It wasn't really busy that day, so our order came out very quickly. My burger was cooked perfectly to the medium-rare I had requested and the fries were hot and crispy. Kim said the salad and soup were both great.

Everything during this Ale House visit went smoothly. I didn't get any tepid soup, which has happened in the past, so I was really pleased. The Ale House offers daily lunch specials for $4.95, so be sure to check those out when you go. Also, with the college football season kicking-off this weekend and the pros next weekend, the Ale House makes a great place to watch the games. They have a ton of television screens and fans usually show up in droves on Saturdays and Sundays.

For this visit to the Daytona Ale House, I'll have to give them four Stiffy's.

Eat, drink and be merry.

Harry

No comments: