Friday, September 4, 2009

Longhorn Steakhouse


Longhorn Steakhouse
2504 W. International Speedway Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
(386)258-3313
www.longhornsteakhouse.com

Today, I met up with my other girl, Katie for lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse. Katie and I have met here for lunch before and enjoy it quite a bit. Katie got there first and when I came into the restaurant, she had already been seated. She was sitting at one of those tiny booths they have for two people right at the kitchen door. It is obvious she doesn't spend as much time around me as we used to have when I worked at International Speedway Corporation along with her. I wasn't even in the restaurant good and I am already jammed-up. I hate those tiny ass booths and then to make it the one right at the kitchen was just about all I could handle. When I sat down, she actually asked me, "What's wrong? Are you OK?" Again, I just sucked it up and said I was fine. No need in getting worked up over something so small.

Again, for some reason I was not that hungry and had a hard time picking something from the menu. I did order the raspberry iced tea, which I think they do very well. After the waitress came to the table a second time, I felt bad and decided to go for a chicken sandwich. I ordered the Parmesan crusted chicken sandwich. This sandwich comes highly recommended from my buddy,Fourth Meal whom I worked with at JumpTV. He used to order it all the time and he knows good food. Katie ordered the shrimp skewer with a salad and side of mushrooms. That is her usual when we visit Longhorn.

While the restaurant was busy today, our food came out in a timely fashion and looked great. I was pleasantly surprised at how good my sandwich was even though I had been hearing about it from Fourth Meal for a while. The chicken breast was grilled to perfection. It had a nice Parmesan crust on the outside and was juicy on the inside. Again I went fries as my side and they too were perfect. Katie was pleased with her shrimp, salad and mushrooms. It was great catching-up with her and having such a good meal. I have always found Longhorn Steakhouse to be consistent, but was pleased that my decision to try a new sandwich turned out so well.

For my visit to Longhorn Steakhouse, I have to give them four Stiffy's. Try this sandwich the next time you go. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: