Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Homemade Chili


I made a pot of chili last night and busted up my wife pretty good. I didn't mean to do it, but figured if it was too hot, she could add more sour cream to cool her off. In theory that would have worked, but we didn't have enough sour cream. Oops!

I made the chili as I usually do with the spice bag I purchased at Publix, but this time I had a can of diced tomatoes with habeneros that I added to the mix. I think this is what put her over the edge. Admittedly, the chili was hot, but I didn't think it was too hot. I mean I was sweating a little bit and my nose was running, but that isn't that bad is it? Actually, if that is what happened to me, I cannot begin to understand what she must have been feeling. She doesn't eat hot stuff the way that I do at all.

I have to show her some love though as she did power on through the bowl she served herself. The next test will be to see if she eats any of the leftovers. Nothing like letting those flavors marinade and settle into the mix in the refrigerator. My guess is this chili will be kicking when I try my second go around tomorrow.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: