Saturday, January 9, 2010

Breaking News!



My daughter, Kennedy, has a friend over and they are playing in front of me while I am trying to watch the Cincinnati Bengals/New York Jets game. They were getting a bit loud and I told Kennedy they would have to take it to her room if they couldn't keep it down. The following is the conversation that ensued:

Kennedy: Daddy, we're bored. Can you play Easy Bake Oven with us?

Me: Not right now honey. I am blogging.

Kennedy: Guess what daddy? Daisy Dukes has closed down.

Me: NO WAY! Are you sure?

Kennedy: Yes, I am sure. They have closed down. Anyway, their food was horrible!

Now I don't know what I am more proud of. The fact that she knew what it meant when I told her I was blogging, or the fact that she knows how bad the food was at Daisy Dukes Saloon. Either way, it left a tear in my eye.

I think if you go back and look up my post about Daisy Dukes you will find my prediction of their demise. I may not have hit the closing time on the head, but I knew these guys could not survive. This was truly my worst dining experience of last year. Because we are dealing with an eight-year-old here, I just tried to call Daisy Dukes Saloon and got the message that the number has been disconnected. Seems my girl knows what she is talking about.

It just goes to show you that a great ladies night and chocolate pudding wrestling, does not a restaurant make. I say good riddance to this location and hope new tenants will be coming soon.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: