Saturday, January 9, 2010

Grand Opening!



I am excited about two grand openings that are going to be happening over the next few weeks. It seems that Vince Carter's Restaurant is their VIP introductory function tomorrow, which leads me to believe they will be opening soon. I am very excited about the opening of this restaurant, because it is actually within walking distance of my house. Not that I will ever walk there, but if I get after it too much one night, I may have to walk home. Vince Carter's is promoting itself as a fine dining, piano bar and sports grill location. The building looks incredible from the outside. I have read that the sports grill is going to feature a 105" HD television for sports viewing. When you include a nice piano bar and fine dining restaurant, it makes for a location that is badly needed in our area. I hope to be reporting on Vince Carter's in the very near future.

The second location that has me excited is the future opening of the Five Guys Burgers and Fries location down in Port Orange. They are going to be located in the new Port Orange Pavilion right off I-95. Their burgers are some of the best I have ever had and to have them a mere seven or eight miles away is going to be problematic for me. These guys really make a great burger.

Also going into the Port Orange Pavilion will be Red Robin and Olive Garden. I am a bit surprised at the inclusion of Red Robin since they are primarily a burger restaurant. One would think the owners of this pavilion would have offered either Red Robin or Five Guys exclusivity in the burger category. It really doesn't matter to me as Five Guys is my spot. It has great food with no frills. I am sure I will go into Red Robin to check them out as I have never eaten there before, but they better bring it and offer good value for a good price. I don't have much to say about the Olive Garden opening. You have probably gone there before and know what it is they have to offer.

I will keep you posted as to these openings and my first visit.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: