Sunday, January 24, 2010

Fish City Grill



I have posted here before about the Fish City Grill in Ormond Beach. Today it is with much sadness I must post of their demise. A friend of ours was going there last night and called us to ask if we wanted her to bring us anything. While I love the place, I wasn't real hungry, so we told her, "No thank you." She called back shortly after and told me they were closed.

I can still remember the first time I went to their location to eat. My first concern was their position in the center in which they were located. The back of the restaurant faced the street and there wasn't a good sign for them anywhere. You had to know they were there. They were also located on the far end of the center. It is too bad, as they served great food.

It is really tough for a lot of restaurants in this economy. I hope I don't lose too many more of my favorites before this economy turns around.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: