Sunday, January 31, 2010

Famous Philly's



I had the opportunity to visit Famous Philly's last week with my buddy Kraig. Kraig had suggested we get there around 11:30 to beat the rush. At first I thought that was not necessary, but found out it was a good thing that we did. We got there at 11:30 and placed our orders and watched the restaurant quickly fill up after noon.

Kraig had the good sense to ask our waitress if they had any specials. She told us that their daily special is any seven inch cheesesteak, chips and a drink for $6.95 or either 7.95. I cannot remember which, but it doesn't matter since a seven inch cheesesteak by itself starts at $7.25. Plus, you can substitute chips for fries for just s dollar more. I was thinking about going nine inch cheesesteak, but Kraig made it easy for me to change my mind. This was obviously the best deal and I can only imagine that this is what brought the crowd in after we got seated. This is a great deal.

Kraig got the cheesesteak with Cheez-Whiz with fries and I got the mushroom cheesesteak with fries. Our order came out in a timely manner and was just as I had expected. These are truly the best cheesesteak sandwiches in the area. The fries were also crispy and hot, so we were pleased with our meal. We still couldn't believe the great special price. If you go there, you have to ask about their specials and take full advantage.

I reviewed Famous Philly's before, so you should know how I feel about this place, but finding out about their special prices is just another reason for you to visit. If you like cheesesteaks and find it hard to get to Philadelphia on a regular basis, this should be your spot.

For our visit to Famous Philly's last week, I have to give them four Stiffy's.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: