Saturday, January 9, 2010

Prince's Hot Chicken Shack



Two years ago I went to Nashville for a conference with Begs and Marlaine. While there, I wanted to check out a place Gary had turned me onto call Prince's Hot Chicken Shack. One day we were coming back from a nearby mall, heading back to the hotel when we decided to hail a cab. We got into the cab and I asked the cabbie if he knew where Prince's Hot Chicken Shack was and how far away we were from it. He had no idea, so he got on his radio and called it in. The dispatcher comes back to him with an address. The guy looks at me and then looks into the rear view mirror and looks at Begs and Marlaine. He then explains that it is in a bad part of town and we probably don't want to go there at night and that we should probably make it lunch. I don't buy into his fear as the one thing I have learned is that nobody messes with people coming into rough areas when they are going there to eat. I think it is part of the mugger's code that you cannot attack a person looking to feast upon your local and legendary fare.

Because of the conference we were attending and the aggressive schedule we had, we were never able to make it to Prince's. This is one of the places that is on my culinary bucket list. I have to go there with Gary as he gave me the magazine with the article about Prince's. He will definitely be down for checking this place out.

I found a short documentary film about Prince's and wanted to share this with you. I hope you enjoy it.



Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

No comments: