Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Publix Supermarkets



Publix Supermarkets

I was feeling a little hungry, didn't know what I wanted, but knew I wanted to keep it simple. The decision was made to take it to Publix for a sub. For those that live in Florida and have access to a Publix Supermarket, you probably already know how good their deli is and what they have to offer. However, you may be surprised that they have started to offer other sandwiches and wraps besides the great subs they serve.

I opted for the Ultimate with ham, roast beef, turkey and Swiss cheese. My sandwich preparer asked me what type of bread I wanted and I ordered white bread. They had a number of whole grain rolls in the bin, but no white bread. The lady told me to hang on a second and turned around to pull a fresh roll off the rack. Now I know this is going to be good. My guess is my late arrival after the usual lunch hour turned out to be a blessing for me to get fresh bread.

To top my sandwich I went with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and jalapenos. All of the veggies were extremely fresh and the peppers added a nice kick. The meat and cheese put on these sandwiches is more than enough. When you order a sandwich at Publix you have the choice to get their regular meats or Boar's Head. I have had both, but you can tell the difference in the taste of the Boar's Head. It costs a little bit more, but I believe it is worth it. The bread is so fresh it practically melts in my mouth. They really do make great bread at Publix.

This was one of the best sub sandwiches I have had anywhere. If you are looking for a quick lunch option and have a Publix nearby, consider getting a sandwich there for a nice change from your usual Panera stop. I bet you'll find is just as tasty and cheaper too.

For my visit to Publix and the great sub, I have to give them four Stiffy's. I'll be back for one of those sandwiches in the very near future.

Eat, drink and be merry!

Harry

2 comments:

Begs said...

Have you ever tried the Philly? I was a fan when I lived in Orlando, but I know you're take on that particular sandwich. I also agree that spending a bit more and upgrading to Boar's Head meat is the way to go.

John said...

I don't think the Philly at Publix competes with a real Philly, but it is still a good sandwich. I have never been disappointed with a Publix sub.